What a year! State legislation, city elections, more city (and state & federal) elections, homelessness, crime, and our community’s safety and cleanliness. Thank you for your help and support during 2018!
Heres what we accomplished for Dolores Heights in 2018:
- Improving Dolores Heights stairways – via the first Saturday Green Gardens clean-up and local stewards who sweep, clean, and cultivate their nearby stairways ongoing
- Building block groups and helping to create a network of block safety leaders throughout Dolores Heights
- Hosting candidates for District 8 Supervisor at our spring gathering and fall festival
- Speaking out on behalf of Dolores Heights at City meetings on safety, housing (to protect, preserve, & produce), and homelessness
- Working with the Dolores Park Ambassadors and the Park District to host the first-ever Dolores Park History Day and other activities to ensure that the park welcomes all community members and to discourage trashing the park
- Participating in the feasibility assessment of a Green Benefit District for Dolores Park and surrounding neighborhoods
- Working with Supervisor Mandelman, city agency leaders, and other community leaders to obtain shelter and services for homeless people now camping on our streets and in Dolores Park
We cannot do it without you. Support our work by sending us your 2019 dues. (DHIC membership is on a calendar-year basis.) Renew or join by downloading our membership form HERE. For more information, write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and happy holidays!
Carolyn Kenady, on behalf of the DHIC Board