Happy Holidays and year-end greetings from the DHIC Board of Directors! 2019 has been quite a busy year for all of us as we participated in state legislation, city elections, and town hall meetings regarding our serious neighborhood issues of homelessness, crime, safety and, cleanliness.
Here’s what we accomplished for Dolores Heights in 2019:
- Supported the improvement of the Dolores Heights’ staircases in conjunction with the DHIC’s Green Garden Group and SFDPW’s First Saturday “Green Garden Days” as well as our neighborhood Stairway Stewards, who sweep, clean, and cultivate their nearby stairways throughout the year
- Continued working with District 8 Supervisor Rafael Mandelman, city agency leaders, and other community leaders to obtain shelter and services for homeless people now camping on our streets and in Dolores Park
- Secured enhanced neighborhood cleaning, Hot Team, and police services for the areas around Dolores Park and the Castro
- Helped to build block groups and participated in a network of Block Safety Leaders throughout Dolores Heights
- Hosted Supervisor Mandelman and city officials at our annual Spring and Fall Gatherings
- Spoke out on behalf of Dolores Heights at city meetings on safety, housing issues, and homelessness
- Partnered with the Dolores Park Ambassadors and San Francisco Parks and Rec to welcome all visitors to a clean and safe Dolores Park
We cannot do it without you. Support our work by sending us your 2020 dues. (DHIC membership is on a calendar-year basis. Basic dues are $25.) Join/renew online or by downloading our membership form here. For more information, write us at email@example.com
Thank you from the Board of The Dolores Heights Improvement Club!
Carolyn Kenady, Chair; John O’Duinn, Vice Chair; Joe Titi, Treasurer; and board members Jennifer Bury, Liz Clark, Rhett Currier, Hans Kolbe, and Bruce Muncil