Dolores Heights is counted as a safe neighborhood, but does have car break-ins and some burglaries like the rest of the city. Here are some links to some public safety websites:
- Neighborhood Watch Groups …some blocks in Dolores Heights have organized safety groups. To connect with the block safety lead in your area, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- SF Safe is a citywide organization seeking to work with San Franciscans to build safer neighborhoods. They offer safety checks and other services.
- San Francisco Police Department – Mission Station at 630 Valencia Street serves our neighborhood. For more information and quick links, go to their home page
- San Francisco Police Department Crime Maps …this site gives crime statistics for every neighborhood in the city
- Graffiti is an issue is most cities, including San Francisco. Residents who want to help get rid of graffiti can call 311 and report the graffiti. DPW workers will then respond to remove the graffiti. Residents also can get training and supplies from the Graffiti Watch Program and actively participate in removing graffiti themselves.